Join a Hand Up Club at your school!
Exceptional student leaders run Hand Up Clubs at 12 high schools across San Diego County. These clubs unite students around service projects that alleviate hunger in our community. Experienced staff supports Hand Up clubs by providing leadership training and resources, including a step-by-step "Club Tool Kit" for club leaders.
Hand Up Club members have the opportunity to:
- Volunteer to stock shelves and assemble food bags in the Hand Up Youth Food Pantry
- Volunteer at military food distributions at Camp Pendleton and Murphy Canyon
- Coordinate school and community food drives to benefit thousands of people facing hunger
- Organize fundraisers and educational outreach at school
- Assemble Thanksgiving packages to donate to families in need
- Collect and donate holiday gifts for families through the Embrace-A-Family program
- Participate in student-lead hunger advocacy initiatives
All Hand Up Club members are invited to attend Rock Out for Hunger, an innovative awareness-raising fundraiser especially for youth that brings together hundreds of students and has raised more than $18,000 to fight hunger.
Hand Up Clubs receive ongoing support from Hand Up staff, and are lead by student leaders who typically serve on the Hand Up Student Advisory Board or Executive Committee.
Get Involved Today!
Contact Andrew Hoffman, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or (858) 637-3020 to learn more about starting a club at your school and to schedule a club coordination meeting.
Back to Hand Up Teen Leadership Program>>