Project Care is there for You–paid for by the County of San Diego!
You or someone you know may be eligible to receive a
free in-home visit, providing information about resources and Services available.
Who is eligible?
- Seniors 60 years or older who are frail and interested in learning about available community resources.
- There is no minimum age if diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or other cognitive disorder.
- Adults of any age that have difficulty with at least two Activities of Daily Living.
What happens at the home visit?
- The older adult will have the opportunity to discuss his or her circumstances to learn whether they might need or want to receive services, such as home-delivered meals, transportation, care management services, socialization, and legal assistance.
- The Geriatric Specialist can even set up the connections to these services.
- Each participant will receive a “Vial of Life,” a magnetic plastic container with emergency contact information and brief medical history. The Vial of Life is kept on the refrigerator it can be a lifesaver, providing pertinent medical information to first responders in the event of an emergency.
- Project Care participants are also given the opportunity to receive a free automated daily or weekly check-in call from 211.
How do I sign up?
If you or someone you know is interested in Project Care, call 2-1-1 or Jewish Family Service at (858) 637-3210.
JFS Geriatric Specialists look forward to providing the information that you or your loved one needs to make informed decisions now and for the future.