We invite you to join our team of dedicated professionals in our quest to fulfill our mission of Tikkun Olam, repairing the world. We pride ourselves on having more than 200 compassionate, innovative, and experienced staff members who serve thousands of individuals and families each year.
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
Please review the positions listed below. If you believe you have the heart, dedication, and professionalism to join our team, please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to the email address and/or fax listed in the position listing. No phone calls please.
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Featured Job
Class B Back Up Driver
Position: On Call, Non-exempt
Jewish Family Service of San Diego operates many programs requiring drivers within the Aging & Wellness Division. Class B Back Up Drivers perform a variety of routed and non-routed transportation services utilizing both personal and agency vehicles.
- Provide safe and timely rides to older adults via sedan/personal vehicle, paratransit, shuttles and recreational outings
- Deliver meals to homebound adults utilizing both personal and agency vehicles
- Pick up and deliver bulk food purchases & donations utilizing agency vehicles
- Participate in large scale food distributions, including military, utilizing agency vehicles
- Class B License, paratransit experience desired
- High School diploma or GED
- Clean DMV and the ability to clear a Livescan and pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to push/pull/lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate a gate lift/hand pallet jack
- Ability to provide friendly, client centered customer service and public interactions
- Ability to drive, inspect and maintain vehicles including 24 passenger wheel chair lift equipped shuttles, catering (hot/cold) trucks, and an 18ft refrigerated box truck
- Ability to calculate daily mileage and record transit activity
- Ability to utilize both paper routing information and GPS
- Access to a computer, printer, e-mail and internet off-the-job
- Well maintained, reliable personal vehicle and insurance
- Flexible availability including some weekends, evenings and holidays
- Knowledge of the aging process and diversity preferred
- This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with DOT regulations
- Retirees encouraged to apply
To be consider, Please click the following link to apply: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1644808. Please, principals only. Please, no follow-up phone calls or emails.
Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer and considers all persons without regard to race, color, age, sex, national origin, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identification, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
Send an email>>
JOAN & IRWIN JACOBS CAMPUS
Turk Family Center
8804 Balboa Ave.
San Diego, CA 92123
All communication is strictly confidential.