citizenship & naturalization services
Our Immigration Services department offers citizenship and naturalization services. Those who may qualify include:
- Individuals who currently have a green card and have been in the United States for 4 years and 9 months or more; OR
- Individuals who currently have a green card who married a United States citizen and have been in the United States for 3 years or more living with their United States citizen spouse.
What are the Benefits of Becoming a Citizen?
- Protecting your family from possible deportation
- The right to vote
- The ability to bring other family members to the U.S.
- Traveling with a U.S passport.
How We Can Help You Become a Citizen:
- We provide naturalization services to people of all faiths
- We will complete and send the N-400 (application for Citizenship) or N-600 (application for Citizen Certification)
- We provide assistance with applying for fee waivers. Click here to see if you are eligible
For more information about filing an application, contact April Tra at (858) 637-3089 or AprilT@jfssd.org.
2017 Citizenship Classes
Citizen applicants are tested on their knowledge of U.S. history and civics, and their ability to read, write, and speak in English. We offer FREE classes and group tutoring in preparation for the citizenship test and interview for all English levels. For more information about citizenship classes and/or tutoring, contact Celeste Caton at (858) 637-3364 or CelesteC@jfssd.org.
Convenient days and locations. Register in class!
|National City Public Library
1401 National City Blvd., National City 91950
Schedule: Tuesday/Thursday, 5:30-7:30pm
Dates: July 10th – September 13th
|Emmanuel Faith Community Church
639 E. 17th Avenue, Escondido 92025
Schedule: Tuesday / Thursday, 10:00am-12:00pm
Dates: August 7th – October 11th
|Chula Vista Public Library
365 F Street, Chula Vista 91910
Schedule: Monday/Wednesday, 6:30-8:00pm
Dates: August 13th – October 17th
Back to Top>>
8788 Balboa Avenue
San Diego, CA
Send an email>>
JOAN & IRWIN JACOBS CAMPUS
Turk Family Center
8804 Balboa Ave.
San Diego, CA 92123
All communication is strictly confidential.