Being a Bar or Bat Mitzvah is a special time. It’s a time for you to accept your new responsibilities as an adult. It’s a time for you to embrace Tikkun Olam, and make a difference in the world around you. And it’s a time for you to choose a meaningful and enjoyable Mitzvah Project.
As a premier human care service agency in San Diego, we’re a natural fit. We can tailor any of our volunteer opportunities to meet your interests and passions.
Here are just a few of the projects we offer:
- Conducting a drive for personal hygiene items, backpacks, and school supplies.
- Leading an arts and crafts project for children of military families during a monthly food distribution at Camp Pendleton or Murphy Canyon.
- Conducting a food drive for the Hand Up Youth Food Pantry.
- Shopping for used household items for newly arriving refugee families.
- Bringing Shabbat services for older adults at residential care facilities.
- Contributing to holiday programs through donations or volunteering—Passover Packages, Thanksgiving Packages, Embrace-A-Family.
- Volunteering in the annual United Run for the Hungry 5K/10K on Thanksgiving morning.
- Creating welcome baskets for newly-arrived refugee families.
- Ride-a-long on an On the Go Shuttle and assist older adults on their way to Shabbat services.
- Bring companionship to an isolated individual.
- And much more!
Helping others is a beautiful feeling and an important Jewish value. Let us help you find the perfect Mitzvah Project, and we’ll ensure it’s both meaningful and rewarding.
For more information, contact Chrissy Califf at (858) 637-3050 or email@example.com.
Send an email>>
JOAN & IRWIN JACOBS CAMPUS
Turk Family Center
8804 Balboa Ave.
San Diego, CA 92123
All communication is strictly confidential.