Help us help others by donating your time and resources to these special projects:
Back to School
Help low-income families
prepare for the school year by running a school supply drive. School
supplies for all grade levels will be distributed to families served by
JFS. Host a school supply drive party with your friends, buy a little
extra during your own school shopping, or collect some unused school
supplies from around your home. We are looking for:
- Backpacks and lunch boxes
- Notebooks and loose paper
- And more!
Start your drive today by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also donate funds for JFS to purchase supplies. Click here to donate online.
Holidays and special celebrations are not always joyous occasions if you are struggling to make ends meet. Help brighten the lives of others by donating and assembling:
- Birthday Bags – Includes decorations, cake mix, party favors, and more for families who can’t afford a birthday party. For seniors living alone, these bags bring joy to their birthday.
- “Nosh” Bags – Decorate small bags filled with donated kosher nuts, crackers, granola bars, pretzels, and tea for Holocaust survivors attending support meetings.
- Crafting Kits – All the essentials for an afternoon of entertainment for children and homebound older adults, including crossword puzzles, needle work, lanyards, and craft supplies.
- Welcome Packages – Includes supplies for newly-arrived refugee families, such as maps of San Diego, quarters for laundry, a welcome letter, household supplies, and anything else you think will be helpful.
Helping Older Adults
- BINGO Drive – BINGO is a popular activity at our three Social & Wellness Centers. You can provide prizes like coupons, gift certificates, and other gifts.
- Greeting Cards – Decorate and make greeting cards, drawings, and placemats for homebound older adults who receive home-delivered meals.
- Banquet Baskets Theme – At your next banquet, assign tables to be JFS program themed. Create a center piece/banquet basket for Project SARAH, Refugee & Immigration Services, or any of our many other programs at JFS. Guests can fill baskets with shampoo, snacks, cosmetics, or other needed items for a creative way to give back.
For more information, contact Volunteer Engagement at (858) 637-3050 or email@example.com.
Send an email>>
JOAN & IRWIN JACOBS CAMPUS
Turk Family Center
8804 Balboa Ave.
San Diego, CA 92123
All communication is strictly confidential.