Represent patients in due process court hearings, or provide administrative support for our Patient Advocacy program. Volunteers will be equipped with all the necessary tools and training.
- Various locations throughout San Diego County
- Must provide own vehicle and insurance
- Participate in 20 hours of training before starting
- Must be 21 or older, college degree or pursuing higher education
MENTOR A REFUGEE FAMILY
Friendly Match Volunteer
Mentor a newly arrived refugee family by providing companionship and general acculturation support as they adapt to life in the United States. Bridge the gap between newcomers and host communities by connecting families to community resources and opportunities while providing much-needed “in-the-field” and supplemental assistance to case managers in our Refugee Resettlement program. Together, we work to promote and establish their self-sufficiency.
Service Areas: Mostly City Heights and El Cajon areas
- Minimum commitment of 5-10 hours over a four month period
- Scheduling is coordinated between the volunteer and refugee family
- Must complete background check and provide own vehicle
- Must be 18 or older, if under 18 must be accompanied by an adult