For Bar/Bat Mitzvah: Putting Tikkun Olam Into Action
Being a Bar or Bat Mitzvah is a special time. It’s a time to embrace Tikkun Olam, and make a difference in the world. And it’s a time to choose a meaningful and enjoyable Mitzvah Project.
As a premier human care service agency in San Diego, we’re a natural fit. We can tailor any of our volunteer opportunities to meet the interests and passions of teens, while accommodating busy schedules and small windows of time.
Here are just a few of the projects we can do together:
- Conducting a drive for personal hygiene items, backpacks, and school supplies.
- Leading an arts and crafts project for children at a Hand Up food distribution or at the Children’s Hub at our Safe Parking Program
- Conducting a food drive for the Hand Up Food Pantry.
- Bringing activities to older adults at our Social & Wellness Centers.
- Contributing to holiday programs through donations or volunteering—Passover Packages, Thanksgiving Packages, Embrace-A-Family.
- Bring companionship to an isolated individual.
- And much more!
Helping others is a beautiful feeling and an important Jewish value. Let us help you find the perfect Mitzvah Project, and we’ll ensure it’s both meaningful and rewarding.
For more information, contact us at (858) 637-3050 or [email protected].