Every day, we are humbled by the people in our community who recognize a need and take action to do something about it. Whether by joining an existing campaign or starting one of their own, JFS supporters are teaming up in some pretty imaginative ways to change lives. Welcome to the team.
How To Get Started
JFS partners with JustGiving, the world’s most trusted platform for online giving. Used in 164 countries to raise more than $4.5 billion for charitable causes since they were founded in 2000, JustGiving makes it easy to support the JFS programs you love that help our community thrive. Click on the links below to view our current campaigns.
- Safe Parking Program
- Coming soon: COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Coming soon: Celebrate a Birthday
- Coming soon: Celebrate a Bar/Bat Mitzvah
Create your own CAMPAIGN
Step 1: Pick a JFS Campaign You Care About
- Visit JustGiving.com and search “Jewish Family Service of San Diego” or click here.
- Scroll down to the section titled “Campaigns.” You will see all of our existing campaigns that you can use to create a personal fundraiser.
- Click on the campaign you want to support (ex: Safe Parking Program or Emergency Response Fund) to see more details and get inspired. Then click “Start Fundraising.”
- Set up an account with JustGiving (it’s free!) and you will be automatically directed through a few short steps to set up your page.
- Your personal fundraising page will be automatically populated with default photos and campaign stories, but you can customize any part of your page by clicking “Edit My Page” at the top left. Set your fundraising goal, add a personal message about why JFS matters to you, and post progress updates for your supporters!
Step 2: Tell People Why It’s Important
Share your page via email or social media and ask your family and friends to get involved! You’ll see in real-time how much money you’ve raised and who has supported your campaign.
Step 3: Feel Good About the Action You’re Taking
Track your progress toward your fundraising goals and share updates with your family, friends, and supporters. We’ll keep you posted with stories about the people you are helping and the difference you are making in our community.