JFS Hand Up Cars
Where most lenders see a risk, we see
For families who rely on public transportation to get to work and school, having access to a reliable personal vehicle can be a game changer. Our Hand Up Cars program helps credit-challenged parents access low-interest auto loans and financial education, so they can rebuild their credit, increase their earning potential, spend more quality time with family, and be more active in their communities.
THE SPECIFIC WAYS WE HELP
- Financing up to $10,000 to buy a reliable used car
- Financial and car education classes covering budgeting, banking, credit scores, finding the right car, responsibilities of car ownership and car maintenance.
- One-on-one coaching to help with goal setting, credit repair, and creating realistic action plan for repaying your loan
- Improved credit score once the loan is repaid
- Personalized connection to other JFS services and other community resources
- Be an involved parent OR caregiver with appropriate documentation
- Low to moderate income
- Challenged credit history
- At least 18 years of age with a valid Driver’s License
- Resident of San Diego County
- Ability to repay loan and costs related to car ownership, including Insurance
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Applying for an auto loan is completely confidential.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started.
“On behalf of our entire family, thank you for helping us obtain a car. A trip to school for my children used to take 3 buses and an hour and a half – but not anymore. For us, this is more than 'just a car' - it is independence, safety for our children, and much less stress and worry.”
Back to Top>>
For more information, call (858) 637-3010 or email email@example.com.
Send an email>>
JOAN & IRWIN JACOBS CAMPUS
Turk Family Center
8804 Balboa Ave.
San Diego, CA 92123
All communication is strictly confidential.