San diego jewish advocacy fellowship
Join a group of accomplished young professionals for the San Diego Jewish Advocacy Fellowship! You’ll become an advocate within the community and a change-maker in your personal and professional life by engaging in activities that influence the systemic causes of issues affecting our community.
WHY SHOULD THE JEWISH COMMUNITY ADVOCATE?
“With the new Jewish Advocacy Fellowship, the next generation of San
Diegans now has its own vehicle to speak out, to lead and to act for
equality, justice, and the need to repair our world. We have much work
to do, and your participation is welcome and needed.”
— Senator Marty Block
Through this fellowship, you will:
- Enhance your leadership capabilities
- Strengthen your knowledge of advocacy and the legislative process
- Learn how to effectively frame and deploy your message
- Build relationships with state elected officials from
- San Diego delegation and within the Jewish Caucus
- Become and issue expert on a topic selected by the cohort
- Deepen your connection to community leaders
- Connect with like-minded peers
Become an Advocate Today!
Registration is closed. Check back for future dates.
Join the fellowship by submitting a short statement of interest at http://bit.ly/1RKj7pm
Criteria for Fellows
- Interest in civic and/or Jewish leadership
- Between 22 and 45 years old
- Attend all 6 sessions, including the day trip to Sacramento
- Cover your own costs for air transportation to and from Sacramento (financial assistance my be provided by sponsoring organizations as needed)
- Take advantage of the opportunity to use leadership skills to contribute to on-going advocacy efforts with sponsoring organizations at the conclusion of the fellowship
For more information, contact Ashley Harrington at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Send an email>>
JOAN & IRWIN JACOBS CAMPUS
Turk Family Center
8804 Balboa Ave.
San Diego, 92123
All communication is strictly confidential.